Luang Say, Luang Prabang, Vat Phou, Mekong River, Angkor Wat, Shwedagon Pagoda - what mysterious sounding names in a region that even in our time still exudes a certain myth.
LAOS - LUANG SAY - A dreamlike river adventure through Laos, the "Land of a Million Elephants", is experienced aboard one of the luxurious Pak Ou riverboats, which leisurely glide along the Mekong River from the Thai-Lao border to the old, royal Luang Prabang.
LAOS - LUANG PRABANG & VIENTIANE - Luang Prabang is the former capital of Laos, situated on a peninsula between the two rivers Mekong and Nam Khan.
LAOS – VAT PHOU - The Mekong River, the lifeline of Southeast Asia, is your home for two days during an extremely peaceful and beautiful river cruise.
CAMBODIA - Indeed, this part of the trip needs no further description.
ROAD TO MANDALAY - If royal heads are still presented on their barques or yachts on ceremonial occasions today, you can feel similarly majestically cared for on board this ship.
A travel example calculated for you!
Travel price per person in the double room:
- Scheduled flights Germany - Chiang Rai and Bangkok - Germany in Business Class of Thai Airways
- Scheduled flights in Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar in Economy Class of the local airlines
- 1 overnight stay / breakfast in Chiang Rai
- Luang Say River Cruise with overnight stay in Pakbeng at Luang Say Lodge incl. half board
- 2 nights / breakfast in Luang Prabang
- 2 nights / breakfast in Vientiane
- 2 nights / full board on the Vat Phou River Cruise
- 1 night / breakfast in Champassak
- 4 nights / breakfast in Siem Reap
- 2 nights / breakfast in Yangon
- 4 nights / full board on the Road to Mandalay from Bagan to Mandalay
- All transfers and tours with private German speaking guide (on all river trips with English speaking guide)
Extend your stay in Myanmar and spend a few days on the beautiful beaches in the southwest of the country
...or extend your program with a round trip through Northern Thailand
...or make a stop in Bangkok for a nice shopping experience
...or experience the hectic everyday life of Hong Kong as a counterpart to the relaxed way of life in Indochina and Myanmar
...or extend your round trip with a tour through Vietnam
- ✓ Thai Airways, Lao Aviation, Bangkok Airways, Siem Reap Airways or similar.
- ✓ Chiang Rai: Le Meridien Chiang Rai Resort (Deluxe Gardenview Room)
- ✓ Pakbeng: Luang Say Lodge (Standard Room)
- ✓ Luang Prabang: Sofitel Luang Prabang (Garden View Room)
- ✓ Vientiane: Settha Palace (Superior Room)
- ✓ Lower Mekong Cruise: Vat Phou Cruise (Standard Cabin)
- ✓ Champassak: The River Resort (Riverfront Villa)
- ✓ Siem Reap: Phum Baitong Resort (Pool Villa)
- ✓ Yangon: Strand Hotel (Superior Suite)
- ✓ Ayeyarwady River Cruise: Road To Mandalay (Superior Cabin)
Further hotel recommendations:
- ✓ Luang Prabang: Belmond La Residence Phou Vao, Hotel 3 Nagas
- ✓ Champassak: La Folie Lodge, The River Resort
- ✓ Siem Reap: Amansara, Park Hyatt, Raffles Grand Hotel D´Angkor
- ✓ Yangon: Belmond The Governor ´s Residence
- ✓Ayeyarwady River: Paukan Cruise, Strand River Cruise, Pandaw Cruise